Natural sparkling dessert wine
– Geographical position: Piobesi d’Alba (CN).
– Area of vines: Ha 0.30.00
– Exposure and altitude: West-facing , 250 m above sea level.
– Soil composition: Chalky marl of Tortonian origin.
– Training system: Low guyot on hills with good slope.
– Yield per Hectare: 70 Hl/Ha
– Alcohol content: 5,5 %
– Residual sugar: 120 g/l
– Total acidity: 6,5 g/l
– Grape variety: Muscatel, Chardonnay.
– Vinification: Muscat grapes, being particularly aromatic, demand a special wine-making technique in order to preserve all the fragrances of the fruit. Immediately after being hand-picked, they are delicately pressed. The resulting grape juice is kept in refrigerated tanks before being processed in the autoc lave to obtain a sparkling wine by means of fermentation at a controlled temperature, using selected yeasts.
– Ageing potential: Over two years after bottling.
THE ORGANOLEPTIC PROFILE
– Colour: Medium-intensity straw yellow.
– Nose: Musky aromas in harmonious fusion with hints of apricot flower, honey and peach.
– Palate: Naturally sparkling, and pleasantly acidic, with a delicately sweet and nicely lingering aromatic finish.
– Serving temperature: 8 -10 °C / 46 – 50 °F
– Serving suggestion: This is a nice party-wine, which perfectly accompanies pastry at the end of the meal.