– Geographical position: Alba (CN).
– Area of vines: Ha 0.80.00
– Year of planting: 1989
– Exposure and altitude: East, 210 m above sea level.
– Soil composition: Chalky marl of Tortonian origin.
– Training system: Low guyot on hills with good slope.
– Yield per Hectare: 60 Hl/Ha
– Alcohol content: 12,5 -13%
– Total acidity: 5,5 – 5,6 g/l
– Grape variety: Chardonnay.
– Vinification: selection of the first flower must (60 % of the overall must) is followed by fermentation at a controlled temperature of 17-18 °C; After fermentation, it rests on the lees for three months and is then decanted into stainless steel vats and wooden casks to allow malolactic fermentation.
– Refinement: 12 months of maturation in oak barrels before being decanted, and left to rest for three months then bottled. After six months in the bottle, it is put on the market.
– Ageing potential: over 6 years.
THE ORGANOLEPTIC PROFILE
– Colour: Straw yellow.
– Nose: Pulp of withered apricot, quince, ripe banana, vanilla and sweet tobacco.
– Palate: Full and rich, with an excellent balance between fruit and spices.
– Serving temperature: 10 – 15 °C / 50 – 59 °F
– Serving suggestion: With white meats fish, ripe cheeses or simply alone as a meditation wine.