– Geographical position: La Morra (CN).
– Years of planting: Vines are 20 to 40 years of age.
– Exposure and altitude: South -West. 300 m above sea level.
– Soil composition: Clayey, calcareous soil lends elegance and complexity. Magnesium and manganese oxides in the soil make for the softest tannins.
– Training system: Low guyot on hills with good slope.
– Yield per Hectare: 40 hl / ha
– Alcohol content: 14,5
– Total acidity: 5,2 – 5,6 g/l
– Grape variety: Nebbiolo 100%
– Vinification: Maceration takes 4 – 5 days in stainless steel tanks, followed by fermentation for 10 – 12 days. Wine is then transferred to barrels of different sizes and types of wood and allowed to under go malolactic fermentation.
– Refinement: All the different constituents require maturation in different kinds of wood, both French and Slavonian, for a period lasting between 18 and 22 months. Followed by blending and bottling. After one year, the bottles are ready for release.
THE ORGANOLEPTIC PROFIL
– Colour: Deep garnet color.
– Bouquet: perfectly mixed floral and spicy qualities
– Flavour: Rich, full-bodied and elegant on the palate. Notes of licorice, cherries in liqueur, cacao and fresh raspberries.
– Agening potential: Age-worthy wine that matures slowly and constantly in the bottle. Tremendous expression can be – expected over decades.
– Serving temperature: 18-20° C / 64 – 68 °F
– Serving suggestion: An aristocratic wine that finds its ideal match in game, red meat, braised beef… Superb with dishes garnished with white truffles from Alba. Extraordinary quality and harmonious maturation.