– Geographical position: Piobesi d’Alba, Guarene d’Alba (CN).
– Area of vines: Ha 00.72.10
– Year of planting: 1967
– Exposure and altitude: South – East, 290 m above sea level.
– Soil composition: Chalky marl of Tortonian origin.
– Training system: Low guyot on hills with good slope.
– Yield per Hectare: 40 Hl/Ha
– Alcohol content: 14 -14,5%
– Total acidity: 5,0 – 5,5 g/l
– Grape variety: Nebbiolo.
– Vinification: Fermented for nine days with manual stirring and délastage before being decanted into stainless steel vats and wooden casks (oak vats), where malolactic fermentation takes place.
– Refinement: 18 months of maturation in oak casks, after which the new wine is decanted and left to rest for three months then bottled. After six months in the bottle, it is put on the market.
– Ageing potential: over 10 years
THE ORGANOLEPTIC PROFILE
– Colour: Intense ruby red
– Nose: Delicate and aristocratic with a complex aroma of small fruits, liquorice, violet and vanilla.
– Palate: “Classy, soft and aromatically balmy” by Luca Maroni – Guida dei vini italiani (“Italian Wine Guide”).
– Serving temperature: 18-20° C / 64 – 68 °F
– Serving suggestion: A wine for the whole meal, particularly suitable for serving with game, red meat, braised or boiled meat, mature cheese or simply alone as a meditation wine. It also complements dark chocolate excellently.