– Geographical position: Alba, Guarene d’Alba (CN).
– Area of vines: Ha 2.94.00
– Period of planting: 1925 – 1968
– Exposure and altitude: South-East , 250 m above sea level.
– Soil composition: Chalky marl of Tortonian origin.
– Training system: Low guyot on hills with good slope.
– Yield per Hectare: 40 Hl/Ha
– Alcohol content:13,5 -14%
– Total acidity: 5,5 – 6,0 g/l
– Grape variety: Barbera.
– Vinification: 9 days fermentation with manual stirring and délastage.
– Refinement: After decanting, 90% of the new wine goes into stainless steel vats and the remaining 10% to wooden casks for 12 months, where malolactic fermentation takes place. It is then decanted again and left to rest for three months before bottling. Three more months of maturation occurs in the bottle.
– Ageing potential: over 8 years.
THE ORGANOLEPTIC PROFILE
– Colour: Ruby red.
– Nose: Wines with definite noticeable scents of woodland, sour black cherry, rasberry and plum.
– Palate: Full and smooth with crisp red berry and liquorice nuances.
– Serving temperature: 18 – 20 °C / 64 – 68 °F
– Serving suggestion: With grilled red meat, pasta and rice dishes, cheese and savoury pastries.